Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Food for Thought

     

       Mondays and I have really never gotten along very well. They have to keep reminding me throughout the day that I've got a whole four days left before the weekend. Tuesdays are a bit nicer, but we still aren't best buds. Why does it seem that if Monday and Tuesday aren't the greatest, then the rest of my week just heads downhill from there? I would really like to know, so if you figure it out, please tell me!
     I'm sure you're wondering just exactly how do I keep ploddin' through the week??? Prayer and my Bible. And lots of it! So to hopefully help your week run somewhat smoothly, I'd like to share a few verses with you.

The first one is helpful for those times when you just feel down and you need reminded to take all of your problems and fears to God and just leave them there with Him.

"Don't worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 4:6-7"

This next one is also one to help encourage and uplift you. It tells us to take the peace that Jesus is offering us and in turn give our problems to Him and not worry! It's hard not to worry, I understand that because a couple of years ago, I worried about absolutely everything. It truly takes great faith and commitment to quit. So even if you don't worry about life and such, I'm sure that in some way or another you will find this verse encouraging!

" Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Your heart must not be troubled or fearful. ~ John 14:27"

This next verse is short and sweet. I never realized how one sentence could be so powerful. It's one of those verses to say to yourself when you are scared witless! Be it a speech ( ;D ), a test, or just any stressful time, it fits all of those situations and more.

"When I am afraid, I will trust in You. ~ Psalm 56:3"

The fourth verse is one I say to myself all of the time. It's one to think of when you're biting your tongue.

" A gentle answer turns away anger, but a harsh word stirs up wrath. ~ Proverbs 15:1"

The last verse I want to share with you also helps me when I'm angry and hurting, and it also can help temper and calm those angry thoughts before they come out of your mouth and cause more grief.

"A hot-tempered man (or woman) stirs up conflict, but a man slow to anger calms strife. ~ Proverbs 15:18)

I hope you have a great week and that you think of these verses often when you need them,
Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment as I love hearing from you guys! Please type nice, no rudeness or foul language, and no links.
Thanks!
Ashleigh